Welcome! Login or register.
FAQ     Search
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:53 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics All times are UTC - 5 hours
Board index » General Discussion » Public

Riluowanying123

Post subject: was ready to wear them for Game 4, b
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:22 am 
Aiden Markrams second successive hundred and legspinner Shaun von Bergs ten-wicket match-haul lifted the Titans to first place in the Sunfoil Series, as they defeated the Cape Cobras by an innings and 50 runs at Newlands in Cape Town.Cobras were reduced to 74 for 4 in the first innings after Titans captain Henry Davids put them in. Stiaan van Zyl (65), who was dropped from the South Africa Test squad for the tour of Australia, stitched together a 92-run partnership with Justin Ontong (45) to stabilise the innings. However, they lost 3 for 8 in a span of 8.1 overs, to be reduced to 174 for 7. The tail then managed to drag the score to 235, before von Berg took his fifth wicket to bowl them out.Markram lost his opening partner Heino Kuhn with only 33 on the board, but put on 122 for the second wicket with Grant Mokoena (59) and 75 for the fourth with Farhaan Behardien (79) as he secured the lead for his team, before falling for 139. Qaasim Adams 58-run partnership for the seventh wicket with David Wiese (31) took the Titans to 393 for 7 before a collapse resulted in them folding for 400. Dane Piedt and Rory Kleinveldt took three wickets each for the Cobras.In the second innings, only four Cobras batsmen managed to get into double figures. Van Zyl (32*) and Ontong (20) once again briefly rescued the innings with a 42-run sixth-wicket stand after coming together at 44 for 5. Von Berg, who had Ontong caught by Wiese for the second time in the match, completed his five-wicket haul shortly after. Henry Davids took the last two wickets as Cobras slumped to their third loss this season.A day-four fourth innings collapse of the Warriors, fashioned by pacer Hardus Viljoen, handed the Lions a 148-run victory in Johannesburg. Needing 288 to win on the final day, the Warriors were reduced from 34 for 0 to 34 for 3 in 11 balls.The Lions elected to bat, and Nicky van den Berghs 99 and Dwaine Pretorius 97 took them to 308; the pair added 180 in partnership, the only significant stand in the innings - no other partnerships touched 40 runs. Andrew Birch and Sisanda Magala shared seven wickets between them for the Warriors.In reply, the Warriors were wobbling at 24 for 2 with both their openers dismissed early before Lesiba Ngoepe put on 95 runs - the third batsman to be dismissed in the 90s in the game - in partnership with the middle-order to take his side closer to the Lions first innings score, before Pretorius rattled them further in returning 6 for 81. Birch, who came in to bat at No. 9, contributed 82 crucial runs to take his side from 201 for 7 to 356, a 48-run lead.A 98-run opening partnership for the Lions scratched out any advantage the Warriors had; openers Reeza Hendricks and Rassie van der Dussen scored 48 and 51 respectively. At one-down, Dominic Hendricks scored his second fifty in as many games; his 61 along with Yaseen Vallis 40 led the Lions to 335, before they declared early on day four.So the Warriors were chasing 288 and ran into Viljoen, who picked up three of the top-four batsmen in the side before coming back to polish off the innings. The Warriors captain Simon Harmer - who already had a match haul of six - top scored with 42 from No. 8 as the team slid to 139 all out.Robin Peterson starred with six wickets for the Knights, while Imran Tahir and Senuran Muthusamy took four each for the Dolphins, in a draw in Durban. The match had only 188.2 overs being bowled due to inclement weather, with day two completely washed out.The Knights put the Dolphins in to bat, and they started well, with openers Sarel Erwee and Imraan Khan putting on a 123-run stand. The duo scored 58 and 59 respectively, but with no one else scoring a half-century, the team was eventually dismissed for 311. Peterson took his first two wickets off consecutive deliveries before finishing with 6 for 83 off 21 overs.In response, the Knights lost both their openers on 36 in consecutive overs. But a 107-run partnership between South Africa international David Miller (60) and wicketkeeper Rudi Second took the team past 150. With no other batsman crossing 20, though, Tahir and Muthusamy enjoyed a lot of success as the Knights were all out for 221.The Dolphins came out to bat once again and they blocked their way to 12 runs off the nine overs they faced in the second innings. Braves Jerseys Outlet . Clarkson had been dealing with an elbow injury in early January and will be out of action for at least one week. He has three goals and five assists through 36 games with the Leafs this season. Cheap Braves Jerseys . Jordan Lynch, the all-purpose Heisman Trophy finalist from Northern Illinois, failed to make it into that exclusive club. http://www.cheapbravesjerseyschina.com/ .Y. - New Orleans forward Anthony Davis was chosen Friday to replace the injured Kobe Bryant in the NBA All-Star game that will be played in his home city. Braves Jerseys From China . Traditional contenders Brazil, Greece and Turkey drew the other three spots to complete the 24-team field for this summers tournament in Spain, basketball governing body FIBA announced Saturday at its meeting in Barcelona. Youth Braves Jerseys . R.J. Umberger scored twice to lead the Blue Jackets to a franchise-record for consecutive wins with a 5-3 victory Tuesday night over the Los Angeles Kings. GUANGZHOU, China -- Stephen Curry finally did it.Last week, the Golden State Warriors guard watched Game 7 of the NBA Finals from start to finish for the first time since his team lost the series after being up 3 games to 1.Someone had shown him the last two minutes, he said, and he decided at that point it was time to revisit the game.I was a little mad at myself and getting back into the grind of working out for next season, Curry told ESPN on Saturday, during the second stop of an Asian tour sponsored by Under Armour. I think it was a good motivator to get back into the gym and keep working.I wasnt 100 percent, but who cares? I was playing. I was out there trying to help my team win and thats all that really matters. Ive taken advantage of the summer to get right and I still have a little bit of work to go.Curry spent the day in Guangzhou hosting a basketball clinic with the citys best high school players, and taking part in a consumer event where 1,500 locals -- many decked out in Warriors gear and Currys signature shoes -- watched him do his famous warm-up drill and knock down shots from half court.Though the past was on Currys mind last week, the two-time defending league MVP is also focused on a future that involves bringing Kevin Durant into the mix to join Curry, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green.I honestly dont think there could be any more pressure than we had last year, Curry said. Coming off a championship, winning 73 games and being expected to win another [title], obviously it didnt happen. Its going to be a different vibe because its a different team and different dynamics with different players with KD joining us. ... We have probably six or seven new guys.Curry is amused by the narrative that LeBron James, by bringing the title to his native Cleveland, became the hero while the Warriors -- after signing Durant -- became the villains.I kind of laugh at that, Curry said. Obviously how the Finals ended [and] what happened, thats sports. Thats what you love about it. I wouldnt trade that experience for anything. Obviously it stinks to not win, but playing for a championship for two years in a row has been an amazing, amazing journey and I dont think its over.All that narrative around our team, how people view us, doesnt really matter to us. We are who we are and were championship contenders going forward.After Durant signed with the Warriors, Thompson insisted that he wasnt changing his game to accommodate the teams newest addition. CCurry says he wont either, which wont be a surprise to Durant.ddddddddddddIt wont change at all, Curry said. Thats the reason KD joined -- knowing we werent going to sacrifice anything, that we all have to be ourselves to make things work. There will be some adjustments when it comes to the in-game flow and how we work together, but for us to be who were supposed to be, we all have to kind of elevate ourselves.Curry, who is in the final year of a four-year, $44 million deal, will once again be the fifth-highest paid player on the team. Thats something he said hes at peace with.I told myself, when I made the decision to sign for what I did back in the day, that Im blessed to take care of my family for what it was, Curry said. And there would probably be a situation, if I played the way I was supposed to coming off that contract, that I could be underpaid or whatever. But at the end of the day, it would all come around and we won the championship and good things happened.While Curry said it took a while to flush away the pain of losing to the Cavs in the Finals, he did say that overcoming the criticism on social media during that time was easily dealt with.Currys wife, Ayesha, who has a budding career as a celebrity chef with a cookbook and national cooking show on the way, said after Game 6 that the game was rigged. She quickly apologized.Curry, who co-owns a social media company called Slyce and has nearly 20 million followers combined on Instagram and Twitter, joked afterward that he might have to shut off the Wi-Fi in his house.Since the Finals, you can get wrapped up in the backlash, if you will, of what happened, Curry said. Im not going to be a prisoner of the moment and get sensitive and whatnot, and I dont think she is either. It is what it is, but we enjoy just being ourselves. Theres nothing other than that. Social media is a great way to share whats going on and have fun with your life.Curry also endured some criticism for his Under Armour Chef shoe that debuted during the Finals -- a low-cut, plain white shoe that was ridiculed as being a sneaker for nurses or dads.He revealed for the first time Saturday that he was ready to wear them for Game 4, but was talked out of it by Warriors general manager Bob Myers and his agent Jeff Austin, who were concerned about the low cut given Currys history of ankle issues. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Board index » General Discussion » Public