Welcome! Login or register.
FAQ     Search
It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:15 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics All times are UTC - 5 hours
Board index » General Discussion » Public

Riluowanying123

Post subject: a thrilling contest in Newcastle Prediction:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:24 am 
TORONTO -- MVP: Most Versatile Pitcher.The humble workhorse in a wipeout bullpen, Andrew Miller was selected AL Championship Series MVP after his latest spotless outing sent the Cleveland Indians to their first pennant since 1997.Miller tossed 2 2/3 innings in a 3-0 victory Wednesday over Toronto, capping a five-game series in which the lanky left-hander overpowered the dangerous Blue Jays.He had one strikeout in Game 5 and finished the series with 14 -- an ALCS record for a reliever. Miller gave up three hits in 7 2/3 shutout innings against Toronto and earned a four-out save in Game 3.At this point of the year, you just find a way. Thats all that matters. Its about winning, Miller said. I would have given up 100 runs if we won 101-100. Thats all that matters is were going to the World Series, and thats a special experience and I cant wait.After capturing their sixth pennant, thanks in large part to Miller, the Indians are four wins from their first championship since 1948.Miller was acquired from the New York Yankees for a package of prospects in a July 31 trade, and Cleveland had an interesting idea of how to feature him. Rather than restricting him to a closer role or using him only in the eighth inning, the Indians have been flexible with Miller -- especially in the postseason.Its so fun to be a part of this team, he said. I really enjoyed my time with the Yankees. Its tough when you leave a comfort zone and a place that you like and people that you like. But I knew I was coming to a team that had won a lot and had expectations to win more.Now, whenever the Indians have a lead in the middle innings, the 6-foot-7 lefty begins looming large in the bullpen -- and Miller time is near.With that nasty slider and a sizzling fastball he spots to both sides of the plate, he struck out 21 of 41 batters during the AL playoffs. He has allowed a mere six hits over 20 scoreless innings in his postseason career.Drafted sixth overall by Detroit out of North Carolina in 2006, Miller was part of the blockbuster deal that sent Miguel Cabrera from the Marlins to the Tigers after the 2007 season. Miller made 66 starts in the majors but never fulfilled his promise until switching to the bullpen. His first full season as a reliever (with Boston in 2012) provided a hint of what was possible.Miller posted a 3.35 ERA in 53 appearances that year, and the following season he dominated hitters with 48 strikeouts in 30 2/3 innings.After stops with Baltimore and the Yankees, Miller ended up in Cleveland, and the Indians had an unorthodox plan for his usage.When they were upstairs in their meetings about the trade talks and they were talking about Andrew, they were actually talking -- and I was in there listening and doing some talking -- just about how he would fit into a bullpen and how you could leverage him, just like we are now, manager Terry Francona said recently. So the thought was alive before we got him. We envisioned using him like we are.There are plenty of other important contributors in the Cleveland bullpen, particularly closer Cody Allen, who had 32 saves during the regular season and hasnt allowed a run in the postseason.In fact, Indians relievers racked up 22 innings in the ALCS -- the same amount as their starters.But its Miller who strikes the most fear in opposing hitters after he whiffed a whopping 14.9 per nine innings this season while going 10-1 with a 1.45 ERA and 12 saves.In the playoff opener against Boston, Miller entered in the fifth inning and pitched into the seventh. That set the tone for an October in which Miller could be available pretty much any time the Indians need him.Miller has tossed 11 2/3 shutout innings in six postseason appearances. Its a workload that might not be sustainable in the regular season, but with off days built into the playoff schedule, this approach has served the Indians well.All that matters are outs. All that matters are wins. It honestly does not matter how we get there, Miller said. And I think top to bottom, this team believes in that.---Follow Noah Trister at www.Twitter.com/noahtrister Marquinhos Jersey . President of baseball operations Larry Beinfest was fired Friday after 12 years with the Marlins. The move came as the team neared the end of its third consecutive last-place season in the NL East. Blank Paris Saint-Germain Jersey . Clarkson had been dealing with an elbow injury in early January and will be out of action for at least one week. He has three goals and five assists through 36 games with the Leafs this season. http://www.parissaintgermainfcstore.com/Women-Goncalo-Guedes-Paris-Saint-Germain-Jersey/ . Brandon Morrow allowed five runs on six hits over three innings. He struck out two, walked one and hit a batter. Edwin Encarnacion had a two-out, bases loaded two-RBI double in the third inning. Thiago Silva Paris Saint-Germain Jersey . -- New England Revolution goalkeeper Matt Reis is retiring after a 16-year career to become the goalie coach for the Los Angeles Galaxy. Blaise Matuidi Paris Saint-Germain Jersey . -- Linebacker Myles Jack ran for four touchdowns, defensive end Cassius Marsh caught a scoring pass, and No.The Premier League Darts 2016 champion will be crowned on Thursday night - but Wayne Mardle reckons he knows who will win! Road to The O2 How did the four semi-finalists get so far? Michael van Gerwen plays Adrian Lewis before Phil Taylor meets Gary Anderson in the semi-finals - live on Sky Sports 2 HD at 7pm - before the winners will collide in the final.Without further ado, heres Sky Sports expert Mardle picking his winner... Michael van Gerwen v Adrian LewisWayne said: I think Adrian will perform, this will not be plain-sailing for Michael. I wont tell lies and say Adrian is playing as well as Michael because clearly, he is not. Relive some classic encounters between MVG and Jackpot The likelihood is that Michael scores more consistently, not better. There will be legs where theyre both sitting on 41 or less after nine darts, and Adrian must put Michael under pressure. He must let Michael know that he cant run away with it.Adrian needs to take out the 104s and the 88s - if those combinations are not at their best hell get beaten. Michael is the one to stop, and thats no shock. Michael van Gerwen hits a bullseye checkout The extra legs benefit Michael. The longer format gives the better player a bigger chance of winning. If its over one leg, I would have a chance against Van Gerwen. Over 21 legs its unlikely, over 101 legs I would have no chance.Prediction: 10-8 to Van Gerwen. It will be close and it wouldnt be a major shock if Adrian won, but I dont think he will.Sky Bet odds: Van Gerwen 10-8 - 9/1 Phil Taylor v Gary AndersonWayne said: Ive been in turmoil over this. This is just whoever plays better on the night - theyve both been there, seen it, done it. Watch the winning leg between Phil Taylor and Raymond van Barneveld Gary is playing better than Phil and will feel bettter about his game.dddddddddddd. But Phil can be playing poorly and still pull something out. Lets not think Phil is going to get annihilated.But of the two, Gary is playing better. Phil can produce things that leave you in awe but Gary has more gears. Gary can go from average-to-brilliant in a leg-and-a-bit, whereas Phil gets stuck in a rut. Gary Andersons win over Raymond van Barneveld If Phil starts off in a rich vein of form and has a swagger, he will be hard to stop.Prediction: 10-9 to Gary, on the basis that Phil is not as composed as he once was. At the end of these long matches, you need composure. Gary has shown incredible composure in the latter part of the season.Sky Bet odds: Anderson 10-9 - 9/1Waynes final: Michael van Gerwen v Gary AndersonWayne said: Gary loves playing Michael. It switches him on, it gets him salivating, he relishes it! Could MVG and Gary Anderson meet for a third time in the PL season? Gary is odd because he isnt afraid to lose. A lot of players protect themselves against the very best, so if its 2-2 they think its the most important thing in the world to hold throw.Gary will think if I get broken Ill just try to break back as best I can. Gary oozes the confidence that comes with winning two World Championships and a Premier League - he has grown so much in three years. Michael van Gerwen beat Gary Anderson in a thrilling contest in Newcastle Prediction: Michael wins but Gary will push him the whole way. I expect a last-leg thriller! The worlds best player will beat the worlds second-best player. Michael will take out 116 with Gary sitting on tops!Sky Bet outright odds: Van Gerwen 8/13, Taylor 100/30, Anderson 11/2, Lewis 9/1Watch Premier League Darts on Thursday, live on Sky Sports 2 HD from 7pm. Or watch for £6.99 without a contract, on NOW TV. Also See: Darts hidden helpers Sky Live: PL Darts Road to The O2 MVG quickfire quiz Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Board index » General Discussion » Public