Welcome! Login or register.
FAQ     Search
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:19 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics All times are UTC - 5 hours
Board index » General Discussion » Public

Riluowanying123

Post subject: ird wicket before Shapoor bowled Sharif with
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:06 am 
West Indies batsman Darren Bravo says he was less focused on playing for a win or a draw and more driven to stay at the crease, believing either result was possible as long as he kept batting. West Indies eventually fell short by 56 runs to Pakistan in the first Test at Dubai as Bravo was seventh man out after making 116 in a near seven-hour stay at the crease in pursuit of a target of 346.Bravo faced 507 balls in the match, including 249 in the second innings on the way to scoring his eighth Test century to give hope that West Indies might make it out of the first Test without a loss and says his side did well to stay in the match after Pakistans imposing first innings total.It was a situation where I wanted to actually bat out the entire day, Bravo said. As long as I batted and spent a lot of time out in the middle, definitely going to frustrate the Pakistanis and start to dig in for us. I just wanted to bat and have a couple of partnerships and that would make it much easier.I think it was a very good batting wicket for the entire match but the thing was with the situation, if we had won the game today, we would have won the game in the last session or something like that so it was all about spending time in the middle and just waiting to launch in the end. Having said that, I think it was a tremendous effort. The guys really fought throughout the entire Test match even though the first two days in the entire Test match we were totally outplayed. The way Bishoo bowled put is in good stead to obviously come out on top.Bravo says he took a positive outlook to Azhar Alis triple-century in that it was still a good enough batting track where he could prosper as well if he focused on staying at the crease rather than thinking about the daunting challenge of playing catch up to Pakistans total.It was just a matter of spending time, Bravo said. I realized that as long as you spend time in the middle, youre going to score runs. Azhar Ali scored a triple-century, he batted a very very long time on a very very good batting wicket and I just wanted to spend time out in the middle. I didnt really concentrate on runs, I just wanted to bat for the entire day and I know as long as I do that, if not close to a hundred, Ill go past 100. I just wanted to bat for the team. I think I did that pretty okay and I just want to continue from here.Some days I probably might score faster, some days youll have to stick it out. Sometimes they say you have to remove… not always glorious shots. Sometimes you have to show that solid determination and discipline to get a job done. I tried that in this game and it worked. Who knows, next game it can be probably fluent. You never know but at the end of the day Im putting a lot of work in the nets and Im really happy to reap rewards especially in this game.Bravo also gave credit to legspinner Devendra Bishoo for keeping the team in the match with an eight-wicket haul in the second innings. Bravo says Bishoo was underutilized in the first innings and the team made a concerted effort to get him involved much earlier in Pakistans second innings, a decision which helped set up West Indies and Bravos valiant fourth-innings chase.I dont think Bishoo bowled enough in the first innings and it was a conscious effort to give him the ball in the second innings to work his magic and that is exactly what he did, Bravo said. He put us in a very very good position and Im really happy for him. Hes someone that wishes everybody well so its always good to see him reap rewards for his hard work and hopefully he can continue for the rest of the series.After coming so close to pulling off a dramatic victory in the final hour of play, Bravo says West Indies have demonstrated that they can pose a serious challenge to Pakistan in the final two Tests. However, he says West Indies cant always be playing from behind and must establish stronger positions earlier on in the match in order to have the best chance of drawing level in the next Test at Abu Dhabi beginning on Friday.We have a few days to get things right, Bravo said. Its very important that we put in our work in the nets before the start of the second Test. I think its very important that we start well in the second Test. We dont want to be behind the eight-ball playing catch up cricket which is what we had to do in this game which always makes it much more difficult.So its very important that we start well and just realize when were on top and try to carry the momentum for as long as possible. So hopefully we can get things right. We showed that we can compete in this Test match. After the first two days we were out of it and then all of a sudden we were in a position to win in the last hour of the day. So we are trying our best. Youth Steelers Jerseys . - Oakland Raiders running back Rashad Jennings was speaking to a group of local high school students earlier this week when the conversation turned to the importance of being prepared when opportunities in life arise. Camo Steelers Jerseys .com) - The Montreal Canadiens will try to halt their longest losing streak of the season when they host the struggling New York Islanders in tonights clash at the Bell Centre. http://www.officialsteelersnflauthenticshop.com/ . Durant finished with 24 points and 13 rebounds, Jackson matched his career high with 23 points on 10-of-14 shooting and Lamb scored 12 points on 5-of-7 shooting, lifting the Thunder to a 94-88 win over San Antonio and snapping the Spurs 11-game winning streak. Elite Steelers Jerseys . The 17-year-old native of Marystown, N.L., pulled out of Skate Canada International last month in Saint John, N.B., with the same problem. Cheap Steelers Jerseys . -- Sergey Tolchinksy scored his second goal of the game 3:56 into overtime as the Sault Ste. Afghanistan 178 for 6 (Shahzad 84) beat Scotland 132 (Wallace 33, Nabi 3-26) by 78 runs (D/L method)Scorecard and ball-by-ball detailsMohammad Shahzad produced his fifth ODI fifty for Afghanistan, a typically belligerent knock, to set up a 78-run win via the Duckworth-Lewis method over Scotland at The Grange on Wednesday afternoon. In another stop-start day of cricket, Afghanistan made the most of Shahzads excellent foundation and eventually sauntered home despite an audacious early reply from the hosts in pursuit of an adjusted DLS target of 211 in 36 overs.Shahzad reached his half-century off 55 balls and eventually finished with 84 off 91 balls, including eight fours and two sixes, to set up a total of 178 for 6 in 37.2 overs prior to a three-hour, ten-minute rain delay. Shahzad went after all the Scotland bowlers including Safyaan Sharif - who bowled a mostly tidy opening spell of 0 for 24 in eight overs, with two maidens - thrice striking him over midwicket for boundaries. In the 15th over, he launched Ruaidhri Smiths full length over mid-on for both of his sixes.The opener offered one chance to Con de Lange, whose left-arm spin kept Afghanistans lineup harnessed throughout the middle overs after the loss of Noor Ali Zadran and Javed Ahmadi. Shahzad tried to break free of the pressure on 60 and skipped down the pitch to loft de Lange but Brad Wheal spilled a simple chance at long-on, denying de Lange a deserved wicket on a day he finished with 0 for 16 in six. Shahzad fell to Smith in the end, a slower ball fooling the batsman. Shahzad couldnt keep his hands back long enough on the shot and a toe-edge was snapped up by Cross for the first of Wheals two wickets.Shahzads dismissal swelled Scotlands momentum in the field, which had begun to build with the wicket of Mondays centurion Rahmat Shah for 26, taken at mid-off by Craig Wallace off Sharif one over prior to the fall of Shahzad. Alasdair Evans, who had earlier claimed the wicket of Noor Ali, removed captain Asghar Stanikzai with a bouncer fended awkwardly to Richie Berrington at backward point. Najibullah Zadran then miscued a drive to mid-off for Wheals second wicket and Afghanistan had stumbled from 131 for 2 in the 29th over to 171 for 6 in the 37th. The rains came six balls later and the players sat for 190 minutes before play resumed with Scotland pursuing the adjusted target score.The first seven overs of the Scotland chase were a thrill a minute as Craig Wallace, batting for the first time in ODIs in his third match, fearlessly charged the Afghanistan attack.dddddddddddd Undeterred by the second-ball dismissal of Kyle Coetzer, caught at slip, Wallace declared his intentions in the first over, going down on one knee to slog-sweep the 140kph pace of Dawlat Zadran over deep square leg for six. In Dawlats next over, he missed attempting the same shot and absorbed a nasty blow on the right shoulder but continued his crusade. In the fourth, Wallace hooked Shapoor Zadran for six and drove him to the cover rope to knock him out of the attack.Cross then set about doing the same to Dawlat, cracking him over backward point before a pulled six over midwicket took the score to 46 for 1 in five overs. Mohammad Nabi was brought on in the sixth and should have had Wallace first ball after a charge down the pitch went awry but Shahzad fluffed a simple stumping on 21. The next two balls were struck for four and six by Wallace before Nabi ended the furious stand at 58 runs, getting Cross caught on the midwicket boundary by Najibullah Zadran for 24.Legspinner Rashid Khan was then brought on from the Pavilion End and Wallaces stay ended for 33 courtesy an athletic return catch to swing momentum Afghanistans way. Shapoor eventually returned in the 13th to claim captain Preston Mommsen, who hooked a bouncer straight to Rashid at long leg for 13. Mommsens wicket crucially put Afghanistan ahead on D/L calculations for the first time and with rain threatening to come back at any moment, that advantage was further cemented three balls after drinks when Richie Berrington was given leg before to Nabi for 19 after missing a sweep.Michael Leask was stumped for Nabis third wicket before Shapoor bowled Sharif with a full delivery to take his second. Ruaidhri Smith drove Dawlat to Rashid in the covers to make it 122 for 8 as the serious challenge Scotland gave Afghanistan through most of the day became obscured by the flurry of wickets. A trio of lbw shouts from Rashid in the 27th over finally bore fruit with Evans trapped on the back leg before de Lange holed out to mid-on off Mirwais Ashraf to end the match, Scotland all out for 132 in 27.1 overs.Afghanistan now head to Belfast to take on Ireland in the first of five ODIs starting July 10. Scotlands next action comes against UAE in August with a four-day Intercontinental Cup match followed by two ODIs in Aberdeen. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Board index » General Discussion » Public